Monday, 4 February 2013

- >.< -

So I finally visited Gardens by the Bay where I have received mixed reviews. Nevertheless, I was still very excited about this little excursion on the 1 year anniversary!


Look at the excited me running down on my own!

I was told to stop...so....


The customary stand-with-flowers-and smile photo.


I like this cage-like thing very much! In fact I would want something similar at my wedding, that is if I get married :P

Amazing plants! I mean it's WHITE amongst all the greens! I have the name somewhere...

HAHAHA I realised my pose is very much the same...


































This was one of the last few pictures in the cloud forest because it was so dark by the time we went up and I almost died of fright up there. There are many who don't know how terribly frighten I am of heights.

I am even afraid of taking cable cars but I overcame that phobia (somewhat) when I kept taking cable cars one year when I was overseas. I mean, I took so many that I was able to breathe normally and look out of the cable, not without clutching on to something tightly though.

I mean, I already took that crystal cable car with the see-through floor at HK which lasted like an hour or so? I mean standing up in the cable car is still a big no-no but I was able to take cable cars, look around, and not hyperventilate or die of holding my breath.

But the top level of the cloud forest was a whole new level. I almost cried I tell you. No kidding. The worst is that the path was so narrow and there were so many people on it, kids were even running on that narrow path! Oh my gosh. And the path at the sides were see-through. It was meant to let people admire the view from the top but I almost died. My hands were dripping wet with sweat (no exaggeration) and I was struggling to stay on the path that I thought was concrete, and couldn't see what was below me.

Of course, there were people who were forever in a rush and kept pushing me and I definitely could not stand at the netted-grilled-part with the see-through floor! Wth to those jerks who kept pushing me mann. If they were not afraid they could have taken the sides with the see-through floor! Why the hell do they keep pushing me? I mean, I wanted to turn back, but I knew shobou wanted to explore. So I continued the trudge and I was too afraid to speak.

There were TWICE someone forced me to move and he himself refuse to stand on the netted part. But since scaredy-cat-me could not take it, I stood on the concrete path and bended over to hold the handrail next to the netted floor. So no matter how much he pushed, I will not budge from my concrete floor.

Ok this is hard to explain...You just imagine the center path is the concrete path and the sides were netted-flooring, with the handrails. It's just one path with different flooring - one that is see-through, and the another which you cannot. So my feet were on the concrete path and I was holding on to the handrails at the netted part. Yea, if you can imagine, my body was really bent in that weird shape, like an arc?? Haha..what a sight I must have been. But seriously, this is a phobia mann. I didn't care what people thought of me at that time. I really thought I was going to die. Tears were already welling up, and holding on to another person's hand really does not help. I think it's a trust issue? I had to hold on to that railing in that awkward position while others were running about the freaking bridge which I wonder if it's stable. I mean, it should be but there's still this fear?? Btw, it's about 10 stories high. It's not that high when i think about it but I can't control my fear ok.

Ok, so that's the few photos I had of the Cloud Forest. At least I got pictures of the fountain, which was really the best of the place. The rest? Please go explore on your own.









No comments: