Monday, 11 February 2008

-Missing You...-

I MISS YOU LOADS DEB!!!!
I suddenly feel like seeing and talking to you :(


As i consider holding a 21st Birthday party, i suddenly thought of my good friends who are overseas and therefore unable to celebrate my birthday with me.

I used to think the 21st birthday would be such an important milestone in one's life.
I used to fantasize what i would do on my 21st birthday.
I used to have big plans for that big day.
I used to bug my parents that this day was fast approaching.
I used to think i would have achieved something great by this day.
I used to think i would be able to celebrate it with my special someone.
I used to think this birthday is different from others.
I used to think there's no way i'll celebrate it like a normal birthday.
I used to have an agreement with a girl to celebrate our 21st together as we were born days apart in the same hospital.
I used to treat her as my good friend.

I used to.

Many people have taken to ask me what plans i had for the upcoming birthday. At a point like this, i would be happy with just a dinner with my family.

I feel it's just another year. Another birthday. Why the fuss? Why the bother?

So why am i suddenly feeling this way as this day draws near??

Perhaps i've matured?
Perhaps i've mellowed down.
Perhaps i've humbled.
Perhaps it's just my deepest fear. That no 1 bothers to turn up for my party.

SIGH.

What a reflective post.

No comments: