Wednesday, 31 March 2010

-Bad Things-

Before, getting into bed had been the highlight of her day; she'd always imagined it like some kind of cloud or gentle nest where she could just let go of all the stress of acting cool and looking perfect and saying the right things. But now, it loomed like a torture device, a place where she'd close her eyes and have to replay what had happened over and over, like a closed-circuit TV.
-The Tenth Circle

If I heard Joe right last night, he said that his friend told him, "Bad things come in clumps." At least that was what I heard. Well, I do believe it now.

-_-"'

Bad things seem to follow closely behind each incident. I wonder when this chain will break.

The month of March hasn't exactly been..well..a pot of honey. Seemed like an exceptionally long month. Long might even be an understatement. Argh. The last straw was when my laptop died. Really died. A sudden death. I was online one moment, and the next, it couldn't even be switched on. I wanted to throw my arms in the air and surrender. In exasperation. In desperation. In hopelessness.

Out of habit, I was going to pick up my phone and call. That call for help. A plea. But I hesitated. And in that moment's hesitation, my phone rang and then..well..i never made that call but went to sleep after i hung up.

I woke, hoping as usual that it was just a bad dream. But as usual it was not a dream. It was reality. My lappie was still dead. ARGH. So during lunch break, I brought my laptop to the service center and was told he suspects the motherboard was dead. Ok fine. So my laptop is dead.

The only reason why I can be online now is because I borrowed my mum's laptop. Which is on loan to me for a couple of hours each day depending on my mum's workload till i get my new laptop. ARGH. I don't have an iPhone(because of my job). And I don't have a laptop now. Gosh. I will be disconnected from the world soon. Or maybe I already am.

No comments: