Monday, 7 February 2011

- お腹がすいた? -

During the festive season, it's hard not to get even fatter especially since I have this tendency to (over-)indulge -.-

Wen-chan and I were talking about food and the additional excess consumption of it. During this festive period, it has led to MORE calories than usual piled on. OUCH OUCH OUCH.

Hardly ate home-cooked food for the past few days and the food outside served at restaurants leave much more to be desired especially during this season where many families are eating out.

I realised I only have an almost full set of pictures of only one meal - which is the reunion dinner on New Year's Eve. I think the mass production of food and the serious lack of servers was a dampen on the customers' spirits as well as the stomach. Food was not hot and we waited so long for each dish that was, may i repeat, not even warm! -_-"' The taste..well..hmm..from such a reputable restaurant, the standard of the food that night was totally not worth the price.

So anyway, the must-have in CNY - the YuSheng. Salmon sashimi was sadly lost in the pile of shredded vegetables.

But it's always the company that counts, yea?! ^-^
This was the dish my sister kept commenting, "I don't know what I'm eating" ROFL.
Err..yea the abalone. My first abalone in this new year season, and definitely not the last :P

There were more prawns but I was kind of preoccupied (complaining about the speed and the absolute lack of it) when the plate came so everyone already helped themselves to at least one prawn when I remembered to take a shot of it. [Note to Self: I Need More Patience]
And yup, I know I know..despite the many reminders to stop eating Shark's Fin, I shall admit this is not my last bowl of it during this lunar new year (err and the lunar new year has not even ended). I will stop after this period! But the shark's fin here is not really a lot..so maybe the harm is not as great?? o.O *hopeful*


Ok yup! The dessert marked the end of my reunion dinner on the eve! I didn't take any pictures of food on the first day of new year though!
And errr..on the second day I had only 2 pictures haha. Obviously I was too busy eating and the other obvious reason is that I obviously cannot take picture of every dish when it's such a big group! My whole maternal side (aunts, uncles, cousins and all) gathered to eat! But boy did I regret not taking pictures of more food. It was the most..extravagant meal so far.

The yusheng had TORO sashimi and LOBSTER meat!! It's like o.O whoa whoa WHOA! And they were generous in the proportions too! BEST OF ALL? My cousins don't take raw food! HAHAHAHA ^-^ So I had quite a far bit of the lobster. Oh gosh, first time I had raw lobster!! Especially in yusheng! So sweet and succulent! *smacks lips* Again, I regret that no pictures were taken. BUT in such a high class setting, I think I will really look like a country bumpkin if I'm caught snapping shots of every dish, eh?

BUT the shark's fin here was really, really unique. It wasn't served in a bowl like all the other places I've eaten before. It was served in a packet form?! It was wrapped in paper and the broth, served on a separate bowl, was clear and tantalizing on the taste buds.

So I can't remember every dish I had that day so let's move on to the 2 pictures that I actually manage to get. Here below is the crab pincer and vermicelli. And under all these, steamed, I presume, separately, is egg white!! So after you stir the vermicelli with the egg-white, believe it or not, it actually tastes really good.
And yea..the abalone..I think it was my 3rd abalone for this new year. HOW TO NOT GET FAT ON ALL THESE FOOD? ROARS!

Oh while waiting for the others to arrive, we were taking pictures. ROFL.
And a very blur shot of me and little rascal, Nat, from my sis's phone :)

No comments: