So when I reached home and was preparing for bed, I checked my phone purely out of habit. There I saw a message from one of the numbers that had been calling me all night. Recall I had so many phonecalls from weird numbers so I somehow ignored my phone the whole night for about 3-4 hours? So anyway, this was what the message contained, totally unedited - caps, spelling, punctuation and all.
"DEAR,MS LIM,WE TRY TO CALL YOU CONFORM THE RESERVATION TOMORROW 7+I AT 11。AM。BUT CUT OFF THE LINE!IF DN'T GET ANY RESPONSIBLE,SORRY WILL CANCEL THIS RESERVATION AFTER TONIGHT. THANKS FOR YOUR KINDLY UNDERSTANING!"
I freaked out. Because if they cancelled my reservation, where was I going to bring my family? I was giving my family a treat, you see. And it was 10min to the end of "tonight"!!! I had no way of finding and booking an alternative venue!!!
So I quickly messaged back praying hard that they will not cancel my reservation.
To my utter surprise, I received a reply in less than 10 minutes!!
"MS LIM, THANK YOU SO MUCH! SEE YOU TOMORROW :)。。GD NIGHT TO YOUR S。。。"
Whatever Good Night to My S means, I still cannot figure out. Except that it left my sister in tears after guffawing so hard. We both think that they might be scolding me an Ass for my super-duper late reply.
Nevertheless, I was so thankful for their diligence!!! So I replied apologising for the super late reply and hope to see them tomorrow. To which, I received...
":)。。SI YOU。。"
Well done. Did they just curse me? ("Si" in Hokkien is Die.) Oh wells. Thank God. At least I managed to keep the seats.
Despite the errors in the messages, whether intentional or not, I'm truly impressed by the level of commitment and diligence these workers have. I mean, it was already so late. They could have just ignored me altogether and cancelled my reservation on grounds that I took forever to reply.
THUMBS UP for great service! ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment