Sunday, 6 November 2011

- 本当にできるか -

I was re-reading some of my past blog posts and I realised what an emotional roller-coaster ride the past few months have been.

Every entry documents not just the activities I have done, but the thoughts and feelings of that particular event.

Thank God for this long weekend though! Things have been pretty tough recently due to numerous reasons. It's a good time to recharge and think things through.

But then again, too much time to think may also not be a good thing. While I was reeling in happiness from a particular source a few days back, I find myself feeling unsettled after my so-called rational thinking process. Doubt and apprehension seeped in, which led to the confidence scale tipping and then the happiness was replaced by unhappiness.




It scares me how affected I get. I can easily feel extreme emotions in one day, possibly accruing from the same source. So I came up with my own theory of See-Saw Emotions.

Haha or rather I likened my happiness to be like a see-saw. One side denotes Happiness, while the other Unhappiness. The point where the Plank of Happiness balances is what I refer to as the Pivot. The more pivots you have to support your Plank of Happiness, the less fluctuations you will face in terms of Happiness.

This can be explained scientifically. More pivots, less fluctuations. So the pivots are what affects your mood. May it be your job, relationship, friendship, money matters etc. Imagine your mood is solely affected by a certain factor, say Love. A little shift in the Pivotal position will cause your Plank of Happiness to tilt either way.

Assuming you add more pivots to support your Plank, a slight change in position of one of the pivots will not affect your Plank to swing up or down so fast as it will be supported by your other pivots. So what I am trying to say is that we shouldn't allow our happiness to hinge solely on one factor as it causes large fluctuations to our moods.

I recognise that the size of the Pivots may differ as people place different emphasis on each aspect of their lives. Well..my advice would be to resize the pivots to make them as equal as possible but that is only the ideal situation. And reality is far from ideal.

I'm currently struggling to resize my pivots as my plank mainly hinges dangerously on one while the other pivots are smaller in size.

Thinking too much is no good huh! Haha hope you enjoyed reading my warped theory of See-Saw emotions! :) I'm pretty proud of it actually!! Tipping more towards happiness now!!

No comments: