Tuesday, 16 February 2010

-CNY2010-

Hihi, Happy CNY to all~!!

CNY, as usual, started off with visitations and the tackling of the ever-predictable questions. The younger generation sit, politely giving greetings and smiles to the relatives and trying to keep themselves entertained so that the hosts will not be feel bad. Attempts to include the dialect-deficient-knowledge kids include translating conversations and requests for the yearly summary of achievements.

Parents will be generously providing information about the achievements and updates of their kids and of others. Others, will be busy fishing for more gossip-worthy goodies.

Eligible ang-pow distributers frantically try to recall whose child they have or have not given those red packets. A kid comes along and is asked "Have I given you?" and there are 3 different types of answers noted...
1) "Yes, you have! Thanks!"
2) "Err..I can't remember either" and subsequently will receive an/another ang-pow by the elder saying, "For good luck and study hard!"
3) "Nope, you haven't!"

There are kids in the third category, where I, the almost omnipresent observer, noticed do deliberately go back to the confused elders to collect another round of red packets.

All in all, CNY to me is a period where I meet some relatives once a year..a period where I can officially buy bags of clothings..a period where there's abundance of food (oh boy, the calories!) and well, red packets. Maybe I am growing old..but the excitement of receiving red packets have somewhat died down. The implications and questions that come with the collections of red packets might be a wee bit too much to handle sometimes..And as for the clothings..I buy clothes whether or not it's CNY..maybe I just buy more during CNY..yes, and yet you still see me in the same clothes day in, day out. ROFL.



What is CNY without pineapple tarts?! Here you go, my specially designed tarts :) LIMITED EDITION! I don't care what you say but my mum finds them creative :P


How could I resist taking a picture with this little monk with such a cheeky pose? Hee :D
This year, CNY coincides with Valentines' Day...

My Vday gift to Ml...a band-aid :) HAHAHA significance?? I'll protect her from further hurt! Kidding kidding..her feet were hurt you see..she found the band-aid too cute to be used..


The sinful indulgence...*smacks lips*
The plushie that I yearn to have..guess which one?! HAHAHA I'm so addicted to the music that plays in the ad for this plushie ROFL *singss*
Ending off~~ Hope you had a great CNY and Vday! :)

No comments: