Another week has past. This week, like all others, had its own shares of ups and downs. These experiences teach me to learn from my mistakes and grow both spiritually and emotionally:) Haha maybe even physically...rofl..
This week had a few highlights...
1) Oranges galore
Gil asked to meet for a meal because he had nothing to do..and I was absolutely so bored..Yes I was busy, but I was still bored. So phonecalls from Gil were timely distractions as it prevented my forehead from touching the desk..zzz..Went to meet him with the colleagues as we had to get Mandarin oranges for the department. He carried 6 boxes of oranges all on his own and guess what, it started raining! ROFL! I carried only one :P
2) Hachiko
Rushed to meet MT after work to catch Hachiko. Nearly choked on dinner given the limited time we had and still we missed the front part of the show :( Pity we couldn't talk and joke slowly over dinner though. Show was really good actually. Highly recommended! But please bring lots of tissue and don't be like someone *ahem* who dried tears on the sleeve of the jacket and vehemently denied having shed tears. Even went to the extent of insisting that the air-con was too strong.
3) The whole saga
A meeting that was supposed to end at 430pm ended up dragging so long that I returned to the building realizing that the gate was open only big enough for me to squeeze in. Totally deflated and zapped all energy I had in that day. I have no intention of repeating the incident to anyone. But it was great that no one was in the office when I returned, I guess.
4) Our MagnumToast to MrSunShineBoy.
MrSunShineBoy is leaving us, most unfortunately. As his name suggests, he is our office's SunShineBoy. His smile every morning greets everyone of us and cheerily chirrups "Morning [insert name]!"
First contact with him was when I found chocolates from him left on my table. "A welcome treat", he said. Hahaha and that was the start of our friendship.
And at the end of his stay here, he sent out a very touching letter to us which really brought a smile to the readers, just as he hoped.
Farewell MrSunShine!
5) Our reunion lunch.
Bunch, to be exact, 11 of us, took the liberty of having a (rather long) CNY lunch since half the office is on leave anyway. Manager was on half-day leave and we informed her that we would be leaving early for our lunch. She, being the ever motherly figure, did not object and even asked about the details of our lunch. Really blessed to have her as our manager. We affectionately call her our "Mother Hen" :)
Food was so-so..didn't have time to walk around after lunch because we had to rush back to work. Predictably, no one was in the mood to do any work but work still had to be done and cleared as emails were flying in like leaves falling off trees in a thunderstorm -.- Just a trip to the washroom, I came back and saw 6 new emails -_-"'
6) Covergirl ;)
If you recall, I previously mentioned a photo shoot that I had to go for. Well the newsletter is out..we fondly call it our DeeVee. On the cover, there you go! The pictures that I posed for! ROFL! I don't normally read the articles in DeeVee and because the photo shoot was quite some time ago, I kind of forgot about it until I saw a familiar face...hahaha..I took like soooo many shots but they chose only 2!!! No complaints though! The photo shoot was fun and the pictures turned out nice:) Responses have been good so far HAHAHA :P
Nette was trying to take unofficial pictures of me using the official camera so i was trying hard to dodge. AND THEN...Sy and Mark were teasing me saying that the DeeVee cover girl shouldn't be camera shy -_-"' Many people I knew saw the article that day and had positive feedback about it. Many pats on the back that day too. Made me pretty shy about it. ROFL.
Well...here's the end of the summary of my week. I must have been writing too much reports. My literary skills have very much left me. ROARS! I need them back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment