Went to watch Inception with my family at night and had a really..strange..encounter. Went in to the cinema and saw only 3 empty seats instead of 4. I booked Seats 7-10 but someone was sitting on 10. So I told the lady politely...
Me: Hi, excuse me, I think you're sitting on my seat.
Her: WHAT! No! I booked 11 and 12! 11 and 12!!!
She raised her voice so much that the people in the row in front turned around -__-"'
Me: Erm, but this seat (I pointed to the seat next to her) is 9..
Her: But I booked 11 and 12! (rummages through her handbag looking for her ticket)
Me: Yea, you booked 11 and 12 but you're sitting on 10..
Her: Nono! I booked 11 and 12!
Me: (exasperated, took my handphone to use the light and show her that the seat next to her is 9) There, you see, it's 9. You're sitting on 10.
And then she grudgingly moved to the next seat and complained to her boyfriend in accented and crisp Mandarin that she booked 11 and 12. I totally didn't get what she didn't understand. Seriously. I mean, can't you read the numbers?? Yes, she booked 11 and 12 but she was sitting on 10 and 11!
But she moved, and that was the important thing. So I thanked her and got a snort from her in return -_-"' How polite these immigrants are.
To make matters worse, she didn't quite understand the movie and was asking for a translation throughout the movie, which is something that i absolutely CANNOT tolerate. Thanks, but I don't need a running commentary -_-"' What annoyed me further was her non-stop crunching of the popcorn. I don't think I've heard anyone crunch as loud as that and throughout the whole movie. Sigh. But I managed to cancel that noise out after a while *-*
Anyway, on to the show..I think it's a pretty good show! I enjoyed the effects and plot. Sets me thinking between reality and dreams. A lot of underlying themes in the show worth pondering over. Hahaha watching these kind of movies make me feel more intellectual! BUT I'm still going to catch Despicable Me! Teehee ^^;;

No comments:
Post a Comment