Sunday, 26 September 2010

- 願いごと -

BACK :)

Had a pretty exciting day today! Sadly, I don't have any pictures because I didn't have my camera with me. So did the rest of them since I was usually the one who brings the cam. Haha.

Anyway, GH, Norvin, Veron and I went for kite-flying again!! I can successfully say I know how to fly a kite now. YAYY!! The guys are the best! They prepared everything for us :P

GH picked Veron and I up from our homes and sent us all the way to the other end of Singapore. Norvin's recommendation -__-"' So we managed to find our way there after I was forced to read the road directory and direct GH. Yes, I know. I'm sure some of you who know me must be very skeptical, thinking "Are you sure Grace can read the road directory???" Haha. Well..we all managed to get there safe and sound with minimal wrong turns. So HURRAY!! I'm not THAT dingdong!! HAHAHA!

The guys provided us with the kites!! HAHAHA Norvin was even better. He brought mat, snacks and drinks on top of the numerous choices of kites! He opened his haversack and we were like "Whoa! We're here for a picnic!"

HAHAHAHA.

So under the blazing sun, (and yup, I've gotten a very nice healthy looking tan) we managed to fly our kites in an ulu part of Singapore! There were no trees, just a big grass patch. I don't think I'm going to reveal here where this place is because those people who are living in that area must be violently disagreeing about the inaccessibility of that place. (But I personally find it extremely inaccessible!) HAHAHA.

So after a while when there was no wind, and no camera to entertain us, we sat in the middle of this vast grass-patch on the mat and had our picnic. In that fine weather, we chatted and laughed and ate. Hahaha it was really a carefree afternoon.

Then suddenly someone shouted that the Parking Warden was coming! And there we were in the middle of the grass patch! By the time GH rushed to his car, he already received a summon -__-"' Unlucky..HAHA ok GH wasn't exactly rushing. I think sauntering might be a better word. HAHAHA.

So our kite-flying stint was pronounced over.

Thereafter we proceeded to the much talked about Sunset Grill!!! Another super ulu part of Singapore! It's totally inaccessible without a car!! Awww but it was a pretty nice place. We managed to catch the sunset though!! The food..well..leaves much more to be desired..Hahaa..as for the buffalo wings, we only settled for the cowardly Level 1. HAHAHA.

We've decided we won't be going back there any time soon though...

Pity it was so cloudy tonight. If not, it will be a terrific place to stargaze.

No comments: