Diary of a Bangle
(Part 1)
I have been released from the confinement of my box for about 5 days now, I think. I managed to catch a glimpse of a calendar since I gained my freedom and reckon about a year has passed since I was banished to a life of darkness. Imagine! A year in darkness! If I suffered from claustrophobia, I would have died! That is if I had a beating heart that had blood flowing through me to begin with. Haha! Pardon me, I have a weird sense of humour. Afterall, I just rejoined the society after a whole year of seclusion, so please grant me some time for adjustment.
So, my owner decided to take me out of the box and put me on her wrist one day after a whole year of ignoring me. When the box lid was opened, I was almost blinded by the light. I almost forgot how the world outside my box looks like. Did I mention? I was a gift to her a couple of years back. That time, she liked me so much that she brought me out so often. I was always the last accessory she donned on. She always saves the best for the last, eh?! *beams*
As time wore on, the frequency she brought me out dropped at a steady rate. There was a period she stopped putting me on altogether. She would stand in front of the shelf, stare at me where I'll be hoping I would be the lucky one chosen to go out with her, only to be met with disappointment when she stretches for other bangles which were heavier and chunkier and not as elegant as I was. The other bangles she had were no match in terms of looks! But she always chose them :(
Well...the bracelets are of another category so I shall not compare myself with them.
As I was saying, she would just look at me and stretch for someone next to me. After a while, I was happy just to see her standing in front of me. However, I don't know what happened but one day she suddenly stuffed me in to the gift box(rather harshly) that I came with previously, along with other bits of papers which I can't quite read what they said because before I knew it, darkness overwhelmed me.
Poof. And there I sat for a year before the brightness blinded me! And before I could orientate myself, I felt myself slipped unto her wrist. Once again.
Yes! She was bringing me out again! She still remembers me! And shortly after, she received comments about me. To which she seemed to hastily reply that I was a gift from long ago and covered me with the other hand -.- Ouch. Doesn't she realise that she has hurt my feelings? I think I should receive more credit than that. But ok..come to think of it, what else could she have said? Errr..ok but at least, don't cover me! Let others admire me too!
I don't know what she's thinking. Sometimes she looks at me fondly and twist me the correct way up. Sometimes she looks at me with furrowed brows. Sometimes I think I glimpse a tinge of sadness in her eyes. Other times, she forgets that I'm with her. But I'm very forgiving. So I will not desert her and stay with her on her wrist whenever she wants me too.
OH! These days that I have been with her, her environment from what I last recall seemed to have changed completely. I no longer recognise the faces with her! I have been cut off from the world for far too long.
Hmm. I wonder when she's going to bring me out again. At least for now, I'm back to sitting on the shelf (without the box!) and can see her every now and then. I hope she doesn't banish me to the box again though. I would like to explore this whole new world with her.
Till my next update! Toodles~
No comments:
Post a Comment